Wednesday 20 April 2011

I feel efficient

I've had a busy day so far, but I'm feeling very efficient. I've been to a couple of places in person to ask if they need any staff. I've not had any luck but the lady in one hotel I went to was so lovely, she wrote down the contact details for some work agency she thought might be able to help me, she asked to see pictures of my paintings on my phone, and she talked about the royal wedding a lot. She was so lovely, and very enthusiastic.
I've also made the sign to advertise as an English teacher, kindly helped by Minttu translating for me. Just need to get it printed and put it everywhere.
I've applied for some jobs via email too, and contacted somewhere about selling my paintings. I'm glad that today is turning out to be so productive, and hopefully something will come out of this. As time goes by I'm feeling more anxious about this, but for now I'm still remaining hopeful. I just need a bit of luck I think. I've still got a few more ideas to try out, and I really think that with this much effort I'm bound to find something.
I've also discovered a very effective way to get rid of charity workers in the street - ask if they speak English! They're off like a shot the minute you say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment