Tuesday 8 February 2011

Woohoo

In some very strange twist of fate I've got a house to go to! It's actually the one I was planning to move to in January, and then backed out of for financial reasons. The estate agents seemed to think it was mine all along, never mind the bit where I agreed to go back to them with a deposit and they never saw me again...
But in a couple of days I'll be there. It's a good thing student loans accidentally gave me money. I know I shouldn't really be spending it, but I think somewhere to live is a legitimate reason to use it. I'm not just going on holiday or a shopping trip. Based on all the information I've been given it seems that Kela ought to be able to help me financially whilst my job is still irregular, and that already having a house means they're more inclined to do something for me.
I'm extremely relieved, and I'm glad that I won't need to pay for some nights in a hotel on top of a deposit. As I recall it was a very nice flat, the kitchen and living room are furnished, the bathroom was nice and the bedroom was pretty big. I'll have plenty of room to paint and make a mess. There are a few other girls living there, who probably have been there for a while already, but I'm sure I'll be ok. Plus it's very central, about 5 minutes walk to market square, maybe two minutes to the river, and when I do go to work the walking distance won't be any longer than before. It may even be quicker.
I was very stressed this morning, and now I feel a lot calmer. Tomorrow I'm going to deal with the deposit, and then the practical side of things should be ok, I just need to get over all the emotional trouble. I'm making plans for the weekend and I feel like I'm finally getting what I want. I still need to work on furniture, and if possible, claiming an old computer from someone; I threw mine away when I left England because it was so broken. All of this can be dealt with later on though, the most important thing is that things are working themselves out now, and I'm very pleased. This must be some good luck or karma, because I was expecting this process to be much longer and more difficult.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats lovely glad your getting it sorted :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! So, when are we going for a coffee? email me!

    ReplyDelete