Saturday 19 February 2011

House things

In addition to the list of stuff I need here, I've realised I probably need a rug. This room is insanely cold, probably because the window doesn't seem to lock properly, and the bare floor isn't very nice. Also, if anyone can suggest somewhere to get a really cheap proper bed I'd like to know. I don't want to go to Ikea because I wouldn't be keeping it when I eventually go home. At the moment I'm using someone's sofa bed, which is obviously better than nothing, but ideally I'd like something a bit bigger and more comfortable. A few people have offered me various items that I need, and hopefully my new debit card will arrive soon, meaning that I have access to money and can buy some new things.
I actually like this flat very much, and the location is ideal, but it doesn't seem to be very well maintained. The owner lives in Helsinki, and she doesn't seem to care very much about keeping the flat in good condition. I was talking to someone else who lives here, and we think we ought to make a list of all the problems and demand that they all get sorted out. We've been without an oven for a week now, and microwaving every meal is quite depressing. I'd love to cook something properly, rather than eating soggy baked potatoes all the time. The bathroom ceiling is in a horrible state because builders had to remove a lot of it due to damp, the buzzer doesn't work apparently, some rooms are too hot and others are too cold...it's a bit of a shambles. With some proper care it would be such a lovely place to live. I can cope with most of these problems though, if only we had a proper oven! Apparently a new one should be coming in the next few days, but it's very frustrating. If only I could afford to have Hesburger every day!
I know I sound like I'm just moaning but I do actually like the flat, it's nice and big, and I'm in a much more secure, stable position than I was previously. I'm sure that once the various problems are sorted out, and I have all the stuff I need there won't be anything to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment