Tuesday 5 July 2011

Dear critic(s)

So I've noticed this week there suddenly seems to be an influx of comments intended to put me/what I have to say down, and generally needlessly complain. They're all anonymous, and I expect they are coming from only one person who has taken an irrational dislike to this blog, but of course I can't say for sure. Some of them I have just deleted as I have nothing to say in response, some I have left as I had something to say in reply.
What I will say generally is this: if you disagree with something I have written, and wish to make that point in a civil, dignified manner, please do so. If, however, you wish to comment in a sneering, critical tone, please don't bother. I'll either delete what you have to say, or tell you exactly where you can go.
What I write here concerns my opinions, observations, and experiences. At times I may say something incorrect, or write something as a result of misinformation. I have never claimed that this is absolutely 100% accurate. It's one thing to point out something I probably don't know, tell me more about something I mention, or to make a helpful correction, but it's quite another to intentionally write something insulting, or knowingly word your comment in a way that inevitably comes off as insulting. Personal attacks are also ridiculous.
I don't know who has been writing these comments, and frankly, I don't really care. If you are the kind of person with nothing better to do than attack strangers on the internet, you are far beneath me, and will certainly not succeed in upsetting me. If you find what I write so distasteful or unpleasant that you can't just let it go, you might find it easier to stop reading it. Because I'm going to write whatever I want, regardless of how you feel about it.

Well, now I've cleared that one up, we can hopefully all move on to nicer things.

3 comments:

  1. Don´t take it too seriously, those who criticize just don´t have anything better to do. Anyway, congrats to your new job! I can imagine it feels good to have some kind of routine again :) Enjoy the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it certainly does, makes everything feel better.
    I'm not so concerned about whoever is responsible, I just wanted to get my thoughts on this out in the open. Maybe I should feel proud that of all the blogs you can write needlessly rude comments on, this loser chose mine! Awww...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feed the trolls! :) I'm just waiting for the haters to find my blog, there always seems to be a few with nothing better to do than make people feel bad.

    ReplyDelete