Friday 20 May 2011

Slooow

It's been a slow week for me, I think I'm losing my momentum a bit when it comes to the job search. I've also been a bit sad because all my friends are graduating from university now, and if I wasn't here I'd be among them. This week I've had to keep reminding myself of all the positive parts of being here, and that I'm having this mad experience that they aren't. I've confirmed with the university this week that I will be back, and in a way it's comforting to know I can go back, whilst the people I know are now being shoved into the real world. I've spent this time in the real world - it's lovely and all - but going back to student land probably won't be so bad.
I've noticed that the weather really affects how I feel - it's been rubbish for most of the week, and I've felt rubbish, but today, now that it's nice, I'm feeling perkier. Maybe because it's Friday, and weekends here always seem to get interesting.
Hopefully next week will be better. I've just been getting a bit bored and restless. There's only so many times I can go to the park and draw trees before it starts to get tedious. I guess that's what happens when you're broke - you can't afford to do anything interesting, so it feels like there's not really anything you can do. However, the money situation is looking up, so maybe this won't be an issue for long.
When I'm in a good mood, like today, I keep thinking how sad it is that in a few months everything will change again. If things could stay how they are now forever I wouldn't really complain. The past few months have been one of the happiest times of my life, and after the miserable year I had before that I really appreciate it. I'm definitely back to who I used to be, and that's how I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the real world v. student land. Being a student begins to look much more fun after you've worked/looked for work a bit. Hopefully your experience in Finland will help you get back to school and further figure what you want to do when you're finally out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely been worthwhile from the perspective that here I've had experience of being a practising fine artist - selling paintings has been my main source of income since February, despite that income being pretty much squat. I've really learned about how aggressive you need to be with self-promotion, even if it makes you feel completely shameless. I guess it's a good thing that, despite finding out how hard this career choice can be, it's still the only thing I want to do.

    ReplyDelete