Saturday 19 March 2011

Snow?


It's been snowing for the past few hours, which I find a bit ridiculous. By now I'm so sick of snow that this really irritates me. In England I always wanted it to snow in winter, but being here has definitely got me over that. It makes it hard to see, it's difficult to walk on...I can't stand snow anymore.
It's still comparitively warm, so I don't think it's going to settle, but that means the ground is probably going to be sludgey and slippery, which isn't so nice. I'm assuming this is some freak weather condition because it's been a lot warmer recently, and even when I was walking in the snow I didn't feel cold, I didn't even need any gloves!
I hope it doesn't go on for a long time and start building up; it's been very nice lately to see the pavement for the first time in months. I didn't even remember that market square has cobble stones because I'd only seen it without snow for a few weeks, several months ago.

4 comments:

  1. The snow usually melts in April, so fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully it didn't settle and a few hours later it was back to normal. Today's very sunny and nice so hopefully it was just a weird, random thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of weird, random weather conditions this time of year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todays weather: "have some more snow".

    This happens every spring at the point when people start to get comfortable with warmer weather and snow melting away. Commonly known as "takatalvi" and for the saying "uusi lumi on vanhan surma".

    Loosely translated as "winter comeback" and sayings meaning is that "new snow makes the old one melt away"

    ReplyDelete