Wednesday 17 August 2011

Bleurgh

This week is not going to plan. I was very happy being back at work, everything seemed to be as I wanted it...what could go wrong? Well, I jinxed it. After this week I'll no longer be working because my employers have decided to change their plans, yet again. I'm not very happy as I'm now stranded here with no money. I can't change the date of my flight, so I'm very irritated. This year has really made me keen to work, because being unemployed and broke is extremely frustrating and boring. I'm rather grateful that I'll be going back to university, and be guaranteed something to do.
Until this came up I was enjoying working this week. The other day I was picking berries from the garden. I've never mentioned how Finnish people seem to love picking berries and wild mushrooms. Who can blame them? At least it's free food. I have no idea if this is the right time of year, but it might be nice to pick mushrooms in a forest before I leave. I know several people who pick large batches and freeze them. It's a nice idea - I quite liked pottering around the garden picking blackcurrants and gooseberries. I felt very optimistic and cheerful - definitely not how I'm feeling today.

4 comments:

  1. this is EXACTLY the right time to be picking berries & mushrooms - but be careful which mushrooms - it's too easy to get it wrong! Most Finns seem to know which are the right ones, so take a (sober) Finn with you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fun, I should do that. But where on earth will I find a sober Finn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;D - that's the trick!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit late, but you could go borrow a mushroom guide in a library.

    ReplyDelete