Saturday 1 January 2011

Finnish New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was fun. First there was a strange tradition of melting small horsehoes and putting the liquid into cold water to set, then looking at the shadows of the shapes to work out what will happen in the coming year. They all looked like dinosaurs...
After that we set off fireworks by the church, and lots of people were doing the same thing. That shit really wouldn't fly in England. It was nice though. At midnight there was a really huge public display, and lots of people were watching by the river. At one point I rolled down the snow piles on the bank, mainly because Tommi did it first. It was fine until I realised my arse was completely frozen.
Today I've been extremely hungover, just as I am most years on the 1st of January. I feel horrible. When will I learn not to mix my drinks? I really hope I'll feel better tomorrow because I'm flying to England to visit my parents and friends. Things have been really hard here lately and I need a break for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment