Sunday 24 October 2010

Very good Saturday

I've had a really good day, and I've started to feel a bit more comfortable. I can now buy cigarettes in Finnish (valkoinen Marlboro). I'm learning new things to say every day at the moment. We've also done lots of nice things today. We met Jussi's sister, Saara, and her husband for lunch. I've met them both before and they're really nice. We went to an Italian restaurant near their house, which Jussi says is his favourite. It was quite nice, the pizza I had was huge but really good. After that we picked up some more of Jussi's belongings from their flat, then they came with us so Saara's husband could see our home.
When they left we just hung out here, then at 11pm we met Jussi's friends Emma and Tommi for a few drinks. Apparently we're also having dinner with them tomorrow. It's nice to see more places in the city, and to be getting a social life here. All of this despite having a huge hangover from last night. Oh my god. If you've ever watched Pasila you'll understand a Phil Collins hangover.
Also I'm staying up really late because I'm still 2 hours behind. It's 2.38am now, but I feel like it's 38 minutes past midnight. Last night I only had 4 hours sleep. The plan is to get healthier and happier here, so I really should start eating and sleeping properly. Although tonight Jussi and I shared some Finnish potato wedges that I bought the other day. They were really good, they tasted like the McCains ones. I'm starting to adapt, and I'm trying my best to speak Finnish when I can. My friends in England have all been really supportive and encouraging, I feel like I can manage here.

2 comments:

  1. That's great, I'm glad you're having a better time there now :)
    I can only imagine how confused you must feel, because when I moved to england although I understand english, I was still pretty confused. Just give it some time and you'll be even more comfortable!! All the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. eurgh phil collins hangover! congrats on starting to speak finnish thats awesome :) x

    ReplyDelete